Therapy Room Sheffield is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Therapy Room Sheffield may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode or address
- other information relevant to customer health and wellbeing (this information is not stored electronically)
- Therapy Room Sheffield may process information that you provide us with in relation to purchases, be it payment for services or goods. This information may include your contact details, card details and transaction details. This data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We will use the information to be able to provide you with the best required treatment.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, but only if you have given us permission to do so.
- We may contact you by email or phone about your appointments (reminders).
The only personal data we store electronically are your name, telephone number and email address
- Your name and phone number are saved electronically in our phone so that we can call or sms you regarding your appointments
- Your name and email address are stored electronically in our email system so that we can contact you regarding your appointments
- Your name, email address and mobile phone number are stored in our contacts data base (which is connected to our booking scheduler) so that we can send you an email reminder a week before your appointment and an sms reminder a day before your appointment
- Your name and email address are stored in software called ‘Mailchimp’ from which we send our newsletters or offers, but only if you have given us permission to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the visitors computer and are used to track what the visitor is doing on the website.
There are two main types of cookies;
- A persistent cookie, which is stored on the visitor’s computer during a selected time.
- A session cookie, which is stored temporarily in the computer memory when the visitor is browsing the site. The session cookie disappears when you close your browser.
- Improve the user experience of the site, by for example by adapting the site to reflect the visitors requirements, choices and interests.
- Provide information for web site statistics regarding the use of the site
- Follow advertisement in media to adapt our services to help you receive more relevant offers.
You can choose if you want to accept cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or a medical questionnaire at your first visit to Therapy Room Sheffield, we do not use that information for direct marketing purposes unless you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Therapy Room Sheffield or third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. You may request this information by emailing us or by using the contact form on the ‘contact us’ page (under ‘about us’).
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the address on our website or by using the contact form on the ‘contact us’ page (under ‘about us’). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask us to delete any information we hold on you. Please write to us, email us or by using the contact form on the ‘contact us’ page (under ‘about us’), which specific data you would like us to remove.
Your payments to us
This website is owned and operated by Therapy Room Sheffield and updated by Ninja by Design (https://www.ninjabydesign.com/).
Our principal place of business is at 4 Priory Avenue, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S7 1LT.
You can contact us:
- using our website contact form (https://www.therapyroomsheffield.co.uk/contact-us/);
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic
When massage sessions resume, there will be an additional declaration form to complete stating that:
- There has not been any contact with anyone with Covid-19, in the last 14 days, to your knowledge
- There have not been any symptoms: – dry cough, temp over 37.8°C, loss of smell and/or taste
- Should the client contract the virus you must inform the therapist as soon as possible
- Depending on timing we may need to contact other clients possibly affected, and to self-isolate.
There will also be a signed declaration from the therapist stating the same declaration
All first-time and follow-up consultations will be carried out either on the phone or via video conferencing rather than face to face